Kira’s creativity and Rob’s entrepreneurial mindset make them the perfect duo to stand out in the Copywriting industry. Both experienced copywriters have their own unique assets that complement each other perfectly.
Rob currently works with SaaS, tech, and health supplement clients; while Kira owns a micro-agency that helps her clients define what makes their brands “weird” and standout.
Through their strong connection and drive to help fellow copywriters, they created the Copywriting Club. This club has allowed copywriters to successfully grow their business and define their value in the industry.
This episode today talks about all things copywriting. From delving into modelling copy based on what makes DC and Marvel comics so successful, to tackling more controversial topics like talking about depression and politics in your writing.
“Anger doesn’t change minds, arguments don’t change minds, but discussion — rational and kind — and human interactions can and eventually do.” — Rob Marsh
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Tackling depression and anxiety
- Kira’s and Rob’s favourite types of stories
- Different styles of copywriting
- What makes DC and Marvel comics so successful?
- Idea change through open communication
- Politics and racism in copywriting
- Kira’s and Rob’s movie and book recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint’s Website
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Michael Connelly’s Website
- The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter
- Ian Rankin’s Website
- The Edinburgh Detective by James McLevy
- The Last Kingdom Series by Bernard Cornwell
- Stephen King’s Website
- Jamie Jensen’s Website
- Jocko Willink’s Website
- Joe Rogan’s Podcast
- My Losing Season by Pat Conroy
- The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg
- Fogg Behavioral Model
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Truman by David McCullough
- Dan Jones’ Books
- Hardcore History Podcast by Dan Carlin
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Animalkind by Ingrid Newkirk
- If It Bleeds by Stephen King
- My Life in Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- 1776 by David McCullough
- Books by Quentin Tarantino
- The Godfather Book Series by Mario Puzo
Contact Kira and Rob:
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!