Shiv Shetti never expected that he’d become the successful copywriter he is today. In fact, he always wanted to be a professional drummer. But when he stumbled upon copywriting, he loved it so much and knew there was no turning back.
He is currently helping fellow copywriters breakout of the Feast and Famine cycle through his “Flaming Camel” method.
And since this was recorded, Shiv and I are business partners and founders of the CMMP – Copywriting Mastery Mentorship Program.
In today’s episode, Shiv walks us through his journey from becoming a college dropout to growing his copywriting career. He gives great tips such as how to reach out to clients and what to do when life knocks you down.
“If you start with a really genuine compliment, that makes it so much smoother and so much easier to deliver the value you’re providing.” – Shiv Shetti
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How Shiv came up with the term “Flaming Camel”
- The Feast and Famine Cycle of copywriting
- How Shiv found out he was good at copy
- How Shiv learned copywriting
- How to reach out to cold clients
- Shiv’s other passions and hobbies
- Shiv’s love for drumming
- How Shiv dealt with criticism from his family as a copywriter
- What to do when life knocks you down
- Shiv’s book recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint’s Website
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Shiv Shetti’s Website
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!