At the age of 21, Rytis Lauris started his first venture online. Born in Lithuania, it was always his dream to build a global business. Today, he is the CEO and Co-Founder of Omnisend, which was his third attempt to build a startup company after failing twice.
Omnisend is the all-in-one e-commerce marketing automation platform that helps you sell more by converting your visitors and retaining your customers. Reach your customers with personalized messages using its powerful automation workflows and boost your sales. Grow your subscriber list with a wide variety of signup forms and send converting newsletters created with the easy-to-use editor. It works with all e-commerce platforms including Shopify, Bigcommerce, Magento, WooCommerce and others.
On today’s episode, Rytis drops massive wisdom about starting your very first e-commerce. As he reveals the biggest email marketing challenges today, find out which one is the most effective channel to use to increase brand awareness. And lastly, is Personalization becoming obsolete by 2025?
“The lack of resources is probably the best way to unlock the creativity.” – Rytis Lauris
Some of the topics we discussed include:
- Rytis’ success journey to building Omnisend
- Why the way you build a product and business is always changing
- What made Rytis take the e-commerce route
- The value of SAS in digital marketing
- Why choose e-commerce
- The BIGGEST email marketing challenges
- The most effective CHANNEL you can use to increase BRAND AWARENESS
- How many channels should you actually begin with and then why is it so effective to be on multiple channels rather than just one
- Is marketing automation both for retention and acquisition?
- Why you should be GDPR-compliant to save your business
- How to manage to keep the bootstrapping spirit while still growing different companies
- Why most people in e-commerce are very conservative and traders and not digital native people
- Will Personalization really be obsolete by 2025?
- Two things you need in order to have a proper personalization
- His reading list and movie recommendations
- Three biggest things that have kept him going after getting knocked down
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Stories on Blueprint’s Website
- Happy Feet
- The Circle of Life
- Shrek 2
- Frozen 2
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge
- Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- John F. Kennedy: A Biography by Michael O’Brien
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
- The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The 50th Law by Robert Greene
- The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!