Being a self-proclaimed nerd who has a love for science, psychology, and philosophy, Ryan thought his dating life was doomed forever.
After having just one unsuccessful relationship back in college, he decided that something needed to be done. Ryan went through much trial-and-error in the dating scene before discovering that the trick was just to be your honest, authentic self.
Once Ryan understood the power of inner confidence and got results, he became a dating coach and has helped tons of men who have also considered themselves as unattractive nerds like Ryan was back in the day.
In this episode, Ryan talks about the difference between valuing internal and external validation and how detrimental the latter could be. Although parts of this dialogue are about how to be more confident in the dating scene, it is full of great advice that can be applied in business as well.
“What other people think of you has nothing to do with you. It is 100% to do with them.” — Ryan Black
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Ryan’s life as an awkward adolescent
- Ryan’s transition from self-consciousness to self-confidence
- The downfalls of external validation
- How your ego can be a hindrance
- The pickup community culture
- How to address the lack of internal confidence
- Why you need to stop thinking about what other people think
- Ryan’s book recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint’s Website
- The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss
- Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
- The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection by Michael Singer
- The Courage to Be Disliked: The Japanese Phenomenon That Shows You How to Change Your Life and Achieve Real Happiness by Ichiro Kishimi
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- No More Mr Nice Guy: A Proven Plan for Getting What You Want in Love, Sex, and Life by Robert Glover
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!