As a jiu jitsu practitioner, discomfort is a familiar friend to Rome. After attending college for 7 years, at the young age of 22, he hit rock bottom and experienced multiple physical illnesses that made him just want to end it all.
Eventually he stumbled upon meditation and mindful movement that helped awaken the warrior within himself. This made him realize that we all have the potential to pick ourselves back up through consciously being aware of how we go about our day and how we live our lives.
After mastering several meditation techniques and developing a warrior mindset, Rome has now been able to help other people find meaning in their lives through his program Awaken The Warrior Within.
In today’s episode, Rome delves deeper into how we can utilize mindful movement and emotional intelligence to bring us to where we want to go. Get to understand the difference between living your life on autopilot and just going with the flow, and manually and intentionally moving forward to a better future.
“Just because something feels good, doesn’t mean it’s always good for us. And just because something doesn’t feel pleasant, doesn’t mean that it’s bad for us.” – Rome Za
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Rome’s Awaken The Warrior Within Facebook group
- How to get enough movement during the day to avoid body pain
- Adjusting your mindset to embrace uncomfortability for positive change
- Focusing on your “why” instead of your “how”
- How to find your “why”
- When to know if you can give your friends advice
- Rome’s journey to finding his purpose
- How meditation improved Rome’s life
- Why dance?
- How to overcome obstacles so you can give your 100%
- Rome’s top book and movie recommendations
- How to pick yourself up when life knocks you down
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint’s Website
- Time Collapsing-The New Art of Speed, Money, Power & Meaning by Ed O’Keefe
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice by Shunryu Suzuki
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Migue Ruiz
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!