Pete Dunn is a writer of words, seller of things and stuff and lest we forget a marketing magician. Going from unknown to well connected and influential in less than a year, Pete has come quite a long way.
Pete is a consummate sales person and a marketing magician. Going from unknown former convict to a well connected and influential person in less than a year, Pete has come quite a long way from his beginnings.
On today’s episode, Pete will be talking us through some of the techniques he learned from Influence and Persuasion and how to be effectively interesting in the marketplace. He’ll also be sharing wisdom informed by his past with a view to elaborate that, it is important that we learn from our past.
“If you can’t have a personality and talk about a whole range of different stuff, you’re not going to get very far.” – Pete Dunn
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Pete’s transition from being unknown to getting people’s attention
- Pete’s Social Experiment
- The persuasion techniques he uses
- First thing to keep in mind to be successful in the business
- What’s the ONE thing people love to do?
- Pete on getting inspired
- How to be interesting (for those struggling!)
- How the gaming industry can be the best place to learn how to tell a story
- Pete’s favorite super villain and how this links to running a business
- His previous job and how he made it to the legitimate business world
- ONE biggest lesson to learn in business
- The take-away from his mentor when it comes to lying
- The short and long-term game of Persuasion
- The trick in attracting the right tribe
- How to deal with bad situations
- How he raises confidence to get back up after a fall
- 3 pieces of advice for Entrepreneurs
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Influence & Pre-Suasion by Robert Cialdini
- How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Concise 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Subscribe & Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!