Pete has been in business for 30 years now. He first started in the nightclub industry, and at the time being one of the youngest nightclub managers in the Uk at the time. Prior to his venturing down the copywriting route, he’s had his hands heavily involved in business.
This ranged from him running his own businesses or other peoples.
Pete took up copywriting as a career when he relocated with his family to Cyprus. During this time he took a year out where he really just drank, travelled and went sightseeing. During this period he figured out he wanted to do something else, with writing and communication always being a passion of his that caught his interest. This was between 2009 and 2012 where he spent most of his time writing copy for other people or businesses he was involved with around the time.
Today we are discussing Pete’s transition from copywriting to consultancy, the legalisation of marijuana and how digital entrepreneurs are affected by Brexit.
“The reality is the face of business and the way we do business has changed dramatically” – Pete Craig
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How Pete transitioned from being a copywriter to consultancy and advisory
- What led to the move to Cyprus
- What made him move back
- Size of Cyprus
- How impactful Brexit is going to be?
- What can people do to protect themselves for it
- Legalisation of Marijuana
- Digital entrepreneurs being affected by Brexit
- The change in the industry
- 3 things to do to stand out from the crowd
- Wanting everyone to like you
- Being who you are online
- How to go from the head to the heart
- How to get relevant
- Medicinal drugs
- What people can do to become relevant
- Sales training
- How he breaks calls down
- What Pete has done to pull himself back out when life has kicked him down
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint
- Accelerating Potential
- Creation Podcast
- Earth Medicine
- The Four Agreements
Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!