Nick or, as his friends like to call him, Chewy is a wrestler-turned-jiu-jitsu practitioner. He is very well-respected in the BJJ and MMA space and has a massive following on his YouTube Channel, Chewjitsu.
Chewy has been practicing jiu-jitsu since 2003 and this art form has allowed him to confidently face life’s challenges head-on and become the number one internet reference for BJJ practitioners today.
In this episode, Chewy shares his love for jiu-jitsu and how this practice has positively impacted the way he lives his life. This talk is for both jiu-jitsu practitioners and non jiu-jitsu practitioners alike as Chewy gives useful advice on how to embrace uncomfortability and be more mindful of your emotions.
“One of my ideas in jiu jitsu is that it makes you comfortable with the uncomfortable.” — Nick Chewy Albin
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How the name “Chewy” came to be
- Chewy’s journey from wrestling to jiu-jitsu
- Life lessons in jiu-jitsu
- When to break traditional rules and find new ways of doing things
- Gaining back your physical strength after quarantine
- Justin Gaethje versus Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Chewy’s recommendations to help improve your mindset
- How Chewy finds his confidence during tough times
- Why you should start journaling
References & links mentioned:
- Write better email sequences in 14 days
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Books of Epictetus
- Books of Seneca
- Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!