Matt Furey is a best-selling health and fitness author, as well as a world-class marketer. Furey began studying various martial arts in 1990 and immediately saw the physical, mental and philosophical links these arts had with wrestling. This lead to the publication of his first book and videos in 1996, entitled, The Martial Art of Wrestling.
In 2002, Grappling magazine dubbed Furey, “The King of Catch Wrestling” – and in the book Grappling Masters, Furey is one of 22 elite world class grapplers who are interviewed and featured. In 2010, Inside Kung Fu named Furey as their Hall of Fame Writer of the Year.
Furey is also the author of the international best-selling Combat Conditioning, as well as Combat Abs, The Unbeatable Man, 101 Ways to Magnetize Money, The Fastest Way Humanly Possible to Burn Fat, Combat Stretching, Gama Fitness and Magnetic Mind Power.
As President of The Psycho-Cybernetics Foundation, Furey is dedicated to spreading the teachings of Dr. Maxwell Maltz, author of the 30-million copy best-seller, Psycho-Cybernetics.
On today’s episode, beyond Martial Arts, Matt will share his wisdom to get us going in our everyday lives, and his insights on what a true Salesmanship is all about that’ll make us an effective email copywriter.
“Start your day with a YES energy. If you aren’t saying yes to life, if you aren’t saying yes to new experiences, new ideas, new books, new people, then it’s as though the river is stagnant and there’s no flow. The way to create flow is newness.” – Matt Furey
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How Matt got into Martial Arts
- Matt on his Marketing side
- The YES energy that brings new aspects to life and business
- Looking at your day as a lifetime vs Groundhog Day
- The Law of carrying cash
- The mental picturing of abundance
- How do we activate the law of increase
- Difference between direct response sales letter vs writing an email
- The idea of being a welcomed friend in someone’s inbox
- How do we reach the connection today
- The key thing to understand when writing email
- His strategy in writing an email or a social media post
- 3 most essential recommended books
- What needs to be established in Selling
- The big transition and how he made the wise move during tough times
- The power of small beginnings
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- 101 Ways to Magnetize Money by Matt Furey
- Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
- How To Master The Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins
- Secrets of Closing The Sale by Zig Ziglar
- The Psychology of Selling & Advanced Selling Strategies by Brian Tracy
- Unlimited Selling Power: How To Master Hypnotic Selling Skills by Donald Moine
- Gary Halbert
Subscribe & Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!