Kicking off 2020 with the one I see as my rival in copywriting… in a sense that he’s someone, I would like to chase and replicate because he’s been doing really GOOD stuff out there.
The King of Converting Offers on Cold Traffic, Justin Goff helps business owners bring in 200, 500 or even 1000 NEW customers per day from cold traffic. He has a private email list for the top online marketers where either you have to be personally invited to be on it or you have to apply.
He grew his own supplement company from 0 to more than $23 million in sales in just under three years by focusing on cold traffic growth. Tune in to uncover more about why he’s hailed the king of cold traffic conversion from being just the guy who got his heart broken twice the same night in 2010.
In today’s episode, Justin unveils how he earned 100 grand in just 90 days from being broke. As he gives away tips on writing an offer that would convert sales, find out more about his success mindset, his pointers in selling yourself skills out there, and his take on the BIGGEST copywriting blunders.
“The reality is if you’re selling something that actually helps them, you actually have every responsibility to sell that to them and not kind of like pull your punch and feel bad about taking their money. ” – Justin Goff
Some of the topics we discussed include:
- How he made $100,000 in 90 days possible from conversion
- “The biggest thing in direct mail that nobody realizes is the more people you get to open the envelope and actually read it, the conversions go way up.” – Dan Kennedy
- The layout of the offer Justin created that gave him a BIG break
- Tips on writing your offer
- How to have a mindset of success that totally understands the value of money
- A segue on Justin’s take on Lebron James leaving Cleveland
- How to manage a perfect work-life balance
- What Magic Time is and how it makes your time valuable
- How to sell yourself out there for something you are definitely good at
- The biggest common mistakes copywriters or business owners make
- How to write a GOOD copy
- His reading list and book recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Post Office by Charles Bukowski
- Good Will Hunting
- No Country For Old Men
- Mad Men
- Boiler Room
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing by Mel Lindauer, Michael LeBoeuf, and Taylor Larimore
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Great Leads by Michael Masterson
- The Copywriter’s Handbook by Robert Bly
- Kick-Ass Copywriting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel by John Carlton
Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!