Journalist turned publicity coach, Dina Behrman teaches female entrepreneurs how to get their businesses seen and heard.
She is just as passionate about empowering business owners to get the best of publicity for their business to raise their profile, position themselves as an expert, build their brand, find new opportunities, reach new audiences, charge what they are worth and help more people.
On today’s episode, Dina reveals how you can make PR work for you and your branding. As she gives away tips on how to pitch, find out how you can bag that first YES from publications and more.
“Don’t presume that if you’re not getting replies, it’s bad news.” – Dina Behrman
Some of the topics we discussed include:
- The THREE steps personal brands/entrepreneur should take to make PR work for them
- Interesting things you can offer, that Journalist want to see
- How to pitch your idea the right way
- The key to staying RELEVANT as a copywriter
- The most devious thing Dina did with her PR knowledge
- Adil’s most and least favorite things about PR
- How to COLD PITCH someone
- Things to consider in crafting your media kit
- How to redeem yourself after being turned down by publications
- Dina’s reading lists and movie recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Story Selling Email’s Website
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Chillpreneur by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Ask and It is Given by Esther Hicks
- La La Land
- The Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy
- Romeo and Juliet
Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!