An average person who lacks determination never runs out of excuses for not living a healthy lifestyle — going to the gym and eating healthy. And that’s why I think it’s brilliant how people with mental illness are dealing with both that and their physical health. Carly Jennings, a personal fitness trainer with Type 2 bipolar, can definitely relate. She runs a Facebook page, A Wiggly Girl, which aims to help people with mental health issues create habits that encourage living as stable and as happy a life as possible.
On today’s episode, Carly shares her journey in fitness and dealing with her mental illness. She reveals a healthy approach to losing weight regardless of body type. And lastly, the food you should start eating to level up your health and fitness.
“Health trumps anything.” – Carly Jennings
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How to cope up when you’re in a manic episode
- How mental health has affected Carly’s physical workout
- Tips on how to lose weight for women with the endomorphic body type
- The HEALTHY approach to weight loss
- How to spice up a boring but healthy food
- The food that guys should start eating & workout they should do to increase testosterone
- Her book recommendations
- Sage words to people who are in a low state
References & links mentioned:
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- The Copywriters Room’s Website
- Story-Selling Emails’ Website
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Harry Potter Book Series by J.K. Rowling
- Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abagnale, Stan Redding
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
- Mindfulness by Danny Penman, Mark Williams
Subscribe & Review Adil Amarsi’s Unplugged
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!