Bogdan is as much of a cook as he is a copywriter. He wasn’t always skilled at the latter however. After working in the government for several years and rising up the ranks, he hit a plateau and decided to explore something different.
He always had an affinity for writing and eventually got a job as a content writer. The people around him soon discovered that he had a talent for copywriting and so Bogdan decided to give it a shot, and his career flourished from there.
Currently, Bogdan is a successful Direct Response Copywriter who specializes in email marketing and VSL scripts.
In today’s episode, Bogdan talks about his passion for cooking, anime, and copywriting. He further delves into the elements of good copy and why you should be different to get results.
“Copywriting is as much about psychology as it is about writing.” – Bogdan Balas
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How Bogdan transitioned from government to copywriting
- What Bogdan enjoys about copywriting
- Lessons from Dragonball Z and other animes
- How copywriting and psychology are connected
- Being different to command attention
- Self-irony and confidence
- “Recipes” for good copy
- Bogdan’s book recommendations
References & links mentioned:
- Story Selling Blueprint’s Website
- Adil Amarsi’s Website
- Think Like a Copywriter
- Defending the Undefendable by Walter Block
- The Ultimate Desktop Copy Coach by Clayton Makepeace
- Simplicity by Nancy Braithwaite
- Funky Business by Kjell Nordstrom
- Sapiens by Yuval Noal Harari
- Homo Deus by Yuval Noal Harari
- The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Review Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Adil Amarsi Unplugged Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!