In this episode of Adil Amarsi Unplugged, I talk with Bas Rutten. A Dutch retired mixed martial artist (MMA), Karate and Taekwondo black belt, and Muay Thai kickboxer. He was a UFC Heavyweight Champion, a three-time King of Pancrase world champion, and finished his career on a 22 fight unbeaten streak (21 wins, 1 draw). Fight Matrix lists Rutten as the third MMA heavyweight lineal champion with the second longest reign in MMA history.
Here are some of the topics Bas and I dived into:
– His childhood struggles and how it hit his interest to start doing martial arts
– Overcoming oppression and how to use that as your advantage to push forward
– The benefits of reading the right Book
– The Power of Self-Belief and how it contributes to your success
– Positive mind sets that turned him from a very humble beginning to being a superstar
– And much more